- The following statement was released by the Department of Public Transportation this morning
The Department of Public Transportation (DPT) is encouraging parents and students to consider alternate modes of transportation in the upcoming academic year.
While the DPT is working assiduously to increase the number of in-service buses and eliminate cancellations, they would like to give advance notice to parents, students and the general public that cancellations will likely continue into the beginning of the Fall 2018 School Term.
Parents and students are encouraged to consider utilizing the commuter ferry service and coordinate rides with family and friends.
The Department is seeking to implement an interim solution that will assist commuters and, in particular, school students in reaching their destinations. At the same time, DPT continues to work towards having an entirely new bus schedule in place which will rely on fewer buses and in doing so facilitate a more reliable service.
The DPT regrets the inconvenience caused by scheduling changes and remains committed to providing a quality, reliable public bus service.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)