News Release: Hamilton, Bermuda – The Bermuda Government has received requests from many individuals, businesses and organizations enquiring how to go about donating towards the Bahamas Hurricane Relief Fund.
In order to coordinate efforts and ensure the donations are received and delivered to those in need as soon as possible, Governments Disaster Risk Reduction and Mitigation (DRRM) Team is spearheading efforts to ensure the resources are directed to the appropriate agencies.
If you wish to make non-monetary donations, the DRRM Team will coordinate these efforts from the Ministry of National Security and must be contacted via email at EMOGroup@gov.bm, or via call or text to 441-501-0380.
The Minister of National Security,Wayne Caines said: “The community is aware of the devastation wreaked on Bahamas by Hurricane Dorian. Many of our Bermuda residents have family or friends in the Bahamas.”
“In the true spirit of giving, individuals, businesses and organizations have contacted government enquiring how they can go about donating towards relief efforts. I ask all interested parties to contact the appropriate agencies to ensure your donations are delivered and put to good use as soon as possible”.
Monetary donations should be made directly to the Bermuda Red Cross Hurricane Dorian Relief Fund by:
- Direct Deposit to the Hurricane Dorian Relief Fund:
- BNTB Bank Account No. 20 006 060 365472 200
- Clarien Bank Account No: 4010035760
- Calling the Bermuda Red Cross at 236-8253 and providing debit or credit card details and donation amount
- Visiting their offices or sending donations by mail to: Hurricane Dorian Disaster Relief Appeal, Charleswood, 9 Berry Hill Road, Paget DV 03