Minister of Education and Workforce Development, Diallo Rabain recently attended the Dellwood Middle School to highlight the achievements of its M1 and M2 students for the 2017/2018 academic school year.
The school celebration took place at the Salvation Army Citadel, where over 50% of the student population received subject awards, Academic Merit, Honours or Deputy Principals Honours, as well as special awards for community service, consistent effort, persistence, spirit, work experience, and overall outstanding performance.
The assembly was student led with the prefects hosting the ceremony before they were officially pinned as leaders of Dellwood Middle School.
A record 31 student leaders from the M3 year level were officially announced as prefects after completing the school’s revamped, rigorous application process in M2, and undergoing a six week probationary period which started in September of this year.
During the event, each prefect shared their personal mission statement which declared their goals for the upcoming school year and a quote that inspires them.
Out of the group of student leaders, eight of them received Deputy and Head titles:
- Head Boy – T. Amias Lightbourne
- Head Girl – Mya Swan
- Deputy Head Boy of Leadership – Razi Garland
- Deputy Head Girl of Leadership – Yahni Hill
- Deputy Head Boy of Academics – Julio Rivera-Cabrera
- Deputy Head Girl of Academics – ShaZari Burrows
- Deputy Head Boy of Athletics – Amir Dill and
- Deputy Head Girl of Athletics – Kisaye Bell
Photos Courtesy of DCI