Government issued a friendly reminder that the deadline to submit nominations for the 2022 Sports Awards is December 31 – the last day in the year 2022, for the upcoming year moving forward.
A spokesperson said today (Dec 29): “If you have not already submitted your nomination, please visit www.sportsawards.bm to recognize the distinguished achievements of Bermudian athletes from January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022.”
“To celebrate and support athletes who have excelled in their disciplines this past year, the Ministry of Youth, Culture, and Sport will host the Bermuda Sports Awards in March 2023,” the spokesperson added.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Male Athlete of the Year
- Female Athlete of the Year
- Junior Male Athlete of the Year
- Junior Female Athlete of the Year
- Appreciation Award
- Junior Achievement Award
- Senior Achievement Award
- Special Achievement Award
- Sport Citation
Nominations are also open for recognition in:
- Participation and achievement at a high standard of performance in international competition.
- Persons who have made contributions to the development and advancement of sport in a non-competitive capacity.
- Special distinction in sport – recognition of those athletes who have achieved special status or distinction in sport.