News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda There were 1056 test results received by the Ministry of Health from 13-14 November 2020, and one was positive for COVID-19.
This most recent case is classified as imported with details as follows:
- 1 non-resident who arrived on AA 308 from Miami on November 5, 2020 who tested positive on their day 8 test. This case had a negative pre-test, arrival test and Day 4 test, and was also under quarantine as a close contact (travel companion) of a known case identified upon arrival from the same flight.
Bermuda now has 223 total confirmed positive cases. Their status is as follows:
- there are 25 active cases, who are
- all under public health monitoring, and
- none are hospitalized or in critical care
- a total of 189 have recovered, and
- the total deceased remains 9
The average age of all of our confirmed positive cases is 54 years and the age range of all of our positive cases is from 7 to 101 years.
The average age of all deceased cases is 74 years and the age range is 57 to 91 years.
The source of all cases is as follows:
- 111 are Imported
- 91 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 21 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- none are under investigation
Bermuda’s country status is “Sporadic Cases”. The seven-day average of our real time reproduction number is less than 1.