News Release: Hamilton, Bermuda – The Department of Social Insurance wishes to advise the public that in light of the restrictions given for public officers, staff will be working remotely until April 6.
The reception cashiers area will be closed to the public during this time. A skeletal crew of staff will be present in the office to answer any queries by telephone.
The following guidelines will now be in place until April 6, 2020:
· All new applications received as of March 18, 2020, are scheduled to be paid on April 15, 2020.
· Any new applications received after March 18, 2020, will be processed and paid within the usual 30 – 60-day window.
· Current beneficiaries will be paid their monthly pension benefit on the 15th of the month as per usual.
War Veteran Benefits:
· Current beneficiaries will be paid their March monthly pension by the end of this month.
· Current beneficiaries will be paid their April monthly pension by the end of April.
· Caregiving reimbursement payments received as of March 18, 2020, will be paid in April.
· Caregiving reimbursement payments received after March 18, 2020, will be processed and paid within the standard 30-day window.
Paying Social Insurance Contributions:
· Payments made by direct deposit from a local bank will be processed in the usual fashion.
· No cash or credit card payments will be taken in the reception area until April 6, 2020.
· Electronic employee adjustments will be processed in the usual fashion.
Members of the public are advised to use the direct line 292-9242 on Tuesdays and Thursdays or email the following sections directly for any queries:
For Contributions: SIContributions@gov.bm
For Benefits: SIBenefits@gov.bm
For Compliance related matters: SICompliance@gov.bm