COVID-19 has claimed another two lives in Bermuda, taking the island’s death toll from the coronavirus to 106.
Since the last update, the Ministry of Health received 2,997 test results, and eight were positive.
Seven of the new cases were classified as imported with history of travel in the previous 14 days.
The additional new case is classified as under investigation.
Additionally, since the last update, there have been 15 recoveries.
There are 57 active cases, of which:
· 48 are under public health monitoring and
· 9 are in hospital, with 1 in intensive care
Since March 2020, Bermuda has recorded 5,665 confirmed coronavirus cases, out of which 5,502 have recovered, and sadly 106 COVID related deaths.
The source of all active cases is as follows:
· 22 are Imported
· 26 are classified as local transmission
· 9 are Under Investigation
Active cases by vaccination status and transmission:
· Imported cases: 91% are fully vaccinated, and 9% are not vaccinated
· Local/Under Investigation cases: 34% are fully vaccinated, and 66% are not vaccinated
· Available typing indicates that Delta continues to circulate
The source of all confirmed cases is as follows:
· 668 are Imported
· 4946 are classified as local transmission of which:
o 3041 are Local transmission with known contact/source and
o 1905 are Local transmission with an unknown contact/source
· 51 are Under Investigation