Bermuda suffered a fourth death due to COVID-19 as the total number of cases climbed to 48.
The victim was a middle-aged man and the source of his infection remains under investigation.
Speaking at the latest news conference on Thursday, Premier David Burt said of the 49 new test results, nine came back positive for the coronavirus.
A total of five of the nine are being treated in hospital.
To date, ten people have fully recovered and another nine people are recovering under public health monitoring.
Mr Burt also disclosed that there are now ten people being treated in hospital for the deadly virus, eight of them are listed in stable condition in general wards, but two patients are in the Intensive Care Unit.
The average age of the victims in hospital was 68, with an age range of 58 to 75.
Meanwhile, the gymnasium at CedarBridge Academy has been refitted as a shelter for the island’s homeless.
Attorney General, Kathy Lynn Simmons said the “extraordinary undertaking” had created 40 beds with separate accommodation for men and women.
More test results will be announced on Saturday. There will be no announcements on Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
As of Thursday (April 9) there were more than 4,000 traffic stops made islandwide at 27 checkpoints.
The Premier made another appeal to residents to stay at home and stick to the rules to contain the outbreak.
He also noted that 20 residents from the virus-stricken cruise ship Coral Princess had been returned home on two charter flights.
The relief flights were delayed because the cruise passengers were only allowed to travel on special flights.
And a new mental health hotline will be up and running as of 9am today (Good Friday), which will run through to 9pm daily.
The number to call is 707-2223.
In closing, I would like to thank the Department of Child and Family Services, the Mid Atlantic Wellness Institute and the St Johns Ambulance Bermuda and all of our Third Sector and Charities that we working with to meet the needs of our vulnerable citizens.