Sports Minister Michael Weeks issued a statement this evening advising the Bermuda public that Bermuda’s Under 17 Women’s Team members are now taking the “necessary precautions in order to stay safe”, after civil unrest broke out in Nicaragua.
The Concacaf tournament has been suspended, and some team members currently studying abroad have already left Nicaragua earlier today, “whilst others are making plans to leave the country tomorrow”.
“It is our understanding that the Bermuda Team members and officials are all safe,” said Mr Weeks.
“Nevertheless, I urge all Bermudians, whether players, parents, officials or supporters who travelled to Nicaragua to take necessary precautions in order to stay safe.”
The Minister emphasised that the Government stands ready to assist if required. Minister Weeks promised to provide updated information to the public when such information is available.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)