For more than a decade Clarien Banks’s Holiday GiveBack campaign has celebrated the spirit of the holiday season by supporting Meals on Wheels, and the tradition of giving continues with the launch of its 11th Holiday GiveBack.
The appeal went out today, to encourage the whole community to “keep the wheels moving” by making a donation from November 25 to December 31, through its branches, online or during Gibbons Company’s Shop & Give Thursday on December 14th.
A spokesman said: “The Clarien Foundation will match all donations (up to a capped amount) and all funds raised will go directly to the Bermuda Meals on Wheels programme.
Chief Marketing Officer at Clarien Bank, Michael DeCouto said: “Holiday GiveBack has become a Bermuda tradition and we hope that the community will continue to celebrate the season of giving and generously support Meals on Wheels which provides such a welcome and important service to those unable to cook for themselves.
“Last year’s campaign raised almost $15,000 and since 2010 we have been able to donate more than $85,000 to Meals on Wheels.”
For more than 40 years, Meals on Wheels has been delivering freshly-cooked, nourishing lunches across the island to those unable to prepare a proper meal for themselves, such as the sick, elderly and disabled.
It presently delivers 180-200 lunches four days a week as well as about additional 80 frozen meal replacements for Thursdays and weekends. The regular deliveries also provide an important and reassuring daytime check on the welfare of recipients.
President of Meals on Wheels, Joe Gibbons said: “During the holiday period, there is always an increase in demand for our services and the funds raised by the Holiday GiveBack programme enables us to provide the extra food and transport necessary to meet this need.
“Meals on Wheels and all our clients deeply appreciate the continued support of Clarien Bank and everyone who donates to Holiday GiveBack.”
How to donate:
- Use one of the Holiday GiveBack no-wait deposit envelopes available at any Clarien Bank branch.
- Make a donation directly to a teller at Clarien Bank Main Branch, 19 Reid Street, Hamilton or Clarien Paget Plaza, 161 South Road, Paget.
- Transfer funds to Clarien’s Holiday GiveBack account (account number: 4010060068)
- Shop at Gibbons Company’s ‘Shop & Give Thursday’ on December 14, 2017. Donate a minimum of $5.00 and receive 25% off regularly priced merchandise.
All donations for the Clarien Holiday GiveBack Programme must be received by 4pm on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
For more information, visit www.clarienbank.com/giveback, email email@example.com or call 296-6969.
- About Meals on Wheels: Founded in 1975, Meals on Wheels is a registered Bermuda charity that supplies nourishing freshly-cooked meals four days a week for persons who for reasons of health cannot prepare nourishing meals for themselves, whether upon release from hospital or for the longer term. Their aim is to be a continuing support system in the community. Also, Luncheon Clubs are held the first Thursday of the month. Transportation can be arranged by request. For more information, visit www.mealsonwheels.bm, call 236-1815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.