News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – Following Government’s announcement last night that it will implement a ‘Stay at Home’ Order for seven days beginning April 13th, the City of Hamilton can advise that it will be scaling down its operations to essential services only for the next week.
Refuse collection will continue, but at a reduced level with no evening collection. All City parks and public bathrooms will be closed from 5:30pm today and there will be no street sweeping or collection of cooking greases during this time.
As has been the case for the past two weeks, the administration offices at City Hall and the City Works Depot on Laffan Street are closed to the public with staff working on a remote basis wherever possible. The two art galleries located in City Hall are also closed.
The City’s website www.cityofhamilton.bm continues to be operational for online applications and payments and any additional press releases from the City will be posted online as well as to our social media platforms on FaceBook, Instagram and Twitter.
Below is a list of department heads at the City should anyone need to urgently contact a City official:
- Operations: Duane Crockwell – firstname.lastname@example.org – 533-2441
- Engineering: Kirk Richards – email@example.com – 505-2677
- Sanitation: Anthony Darrell – firstname.lastname@example.org – 504-8261
- Parks: Steven DeSilva – email@example.com – 300-6446
- Port: Earl Francis – firstname.lastname@example.org – 505-0892
- Communications: Helen Zoellner – email@example.com – 534-3624
- Finance: Tanya Iris – firstname.lastname@example.org – 537-0608
- Marketing & Events – Jessica Astwood – email@example.com – 707-1364
- Human Resources – Lindell Foster – 333-4242
The City’s number one priority for its staff and the public is their safety. The City urges everyone to use best practices and heed the advice of the Government and health officials.