The Ministry of Public Works is advising of the following changes in garbage collection due to the Christmas day, Boxing day, and New Year’s day holidays:
- Christmas Day: Garbage normally collected on Tuesday, 25 Decemberwill be collected on Thursday, 27 December
- Thursday, 27 December garbage collection will be held on Saturday, December 29
- Boxing Day: Garbage normally collected on Wednesday, 26 December will be collected on Friday, 28 December
- Friday, 28 December garbage collection will be held onSaturday, December 29
- New Year’s Day: Garbage normally collected on Tuesday, 1 January will be collected on Wednesday, January 2
- Garbage normally collected on Wednesday, 2 January will be collected on Thursday, January 3
- Garbage normally collected on Thursday, 3 January will be collected on Friday, January 4
- Garbage normally collected on Friday, 4 January will be collected on Saturday, January 5
Recycling collection will remain as per the present collection schedule of every other week.
Public drop-off hours for the Tynes Bay Waste Facility will be as follows:
- Christmas Day (25 December, 2018): CLOSED
- Boxing Day (December 26, 2018): 9 am – 12 pm
- News Year’s Day (January 1, 2019): 9 am -12 pm
The Christmas Tree Collection schedule will be as follows:
- Western parishes: All areas west of Tee Street will be collected onSaturday, January 19, 2019
- Eastern parishes: All areas east of Tee Street, including Pembroke Parish, will be collected on Saturday, January 26, 2019
The public holiday waste collection schedule is posted on www.gov.bm/garbage-and-recycling.
For more information about waste management, please visitwww.facebook.com/recyclebermuda or call 278-0560.