News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – ‘The Ministry of Labour will host an online panel discussion entitled “Bullying and Sexual harassment in the Workplace’ on Thursday, June 10 at 6pm live on Facebook, YouTube and CITV.
Minister of Labour, Jason Hayward said: “Members of the public will be aware of the mandating of policies against Bullying and Sexual Harassment in the workplace, which came into force on June 1, 2021. As a follow-up to this important amendment to the Employment Act 2000, this collaboration with professionals well versed on the topic is an excellent opportunity for members of the public to ask questions and obtain immediate answers.
“And so, I am excited to be joined by this panel of experts in the area of bullying and sexual harassment in the workplace to discuss the importance of this legislation and how it impacts employers, employees, and our community.”
The panellists include:
- Mrs Linda Bogle-Mienzer from the Bermuda Public Service Union
- Mr Scott Pearman from the Bermuda Hospital Board
- Mrs Latisha Lister-Burgess from the Employee Assistance Programme
- Mr Keith Jensen from the Bermuda Employers Council; and
- Mrs Lisa Reed from the Human Rights Commission.
The moderator for this critical event will be Mrs Antonia Holder.