News Release: Hamilton, Bermuda (April 26, 2019) – The Bermuda Tourism Authority’s annual Year-in-Review is now published online, highlighting the National Tourism Plan among the major accomplishments of 2018.
“The National Tourism Plan was rolled out during our annual tourism summit in October and work began instantly to execute with a series of town hall meetings and working groups,” Bermuda Tourism Authority Board Chairman Paul Telford writes in the Chairman’s Letter. “As we head into 2019, we have a roadmap for success to 2025.”
In addition to completing the plan, which strategically aligns the Bermuda Tourism Authority and its vast array of stakeholders, 2018 is defined as a winning year in strategic execution. The first of three World Triathlon Series, a Conde Nast Traveler magazine cover and record-breaking visitor arrival numbers dot a calendar year of strong industry performance.
Among the statistical highlights in the report:
• Record-breaking number of total vacationers for second consecutive year
• Highest number of leisure air arrivals since 2002
• Total visitor spending into Bermuda’s economy climbed past $500 million
• Cruise passenger arrivals during non-summer months jumped 34 percent
Find the report online: http://annualreport.bermudatourism.com/2018/
- BTA Photo: Bermuda Tourism Authority officials collaborate with tourism industry stakeholders in the presentation of the National Tourism Plan in 2018