New York Daily News & Police Bureau Chief – An order of cold fries sent hot lead flying outside a McDonald’s in Brooklyn, with an employee left fighting for his life after a customer’s outraged son shot him in the neck, police sources said Tuesday.

Fast-food worker Matthew Webb, 23, was taking orders about 7pm Monday inside the Bedford-Stuyvesant eatery when a 40-year-old customer groused that her French fries were cold, police sources said.

A worker at a Brooklyn McDonald’s was shot in the face by a customer’s son during a wild spat over cold French fries on Monday – Google Maps

The hungry customer’s son, identified by police sources as Michael Morgan, 20, was communicating with his mother via FaceTime on their phones as she picked up the food order.

Morgan listened in as his mother argued over the cold fries with McDonald’s employees.

As the French fry fracas escalated, Morgan showed up at the restaurant and joined in.

The feud went outside the eatery, to Fulton St near Throop Ave, said cops. Once outside, things turned violent — with Morgan pulling a 9-mm. handgun and shooting Webb in the face, said cops and witnesses.

“We were sitting here and we heard ‘pop!’” said a street vendor who described the shooting victim, bleeding from a bullet wound, lying on the concrete after the gunfire.

Webb was well-liked enough that the street vendor knew his good reputation with his McDonald’s colleagues. “He was hardworking. He was defending his co-workers.”

Morgan, who sources said has a record of 13 prior arrests, was nabbed by cops as he fled the shooting scene, police sources said.

The victim’s weeping colleagues stood vigil as they waited for an ambulance to arrive, with some shouting at the shooter’s mother once police reached the scene, according to a second street vendor.

The critically injured victim lay motionless on his back as a stream of blood poured from the sidewalk to the curb. Unlike the accused shooter, Webb has no criminal history, police sources said.

A good Samaritan removed his shirt and used it to staunch Webb’s bleeding, witnesses recalled.

Another local businessman watched in horror as the victim was loaded into an ambulance — he said the incident brought back memories of his own son’s shooting.

“It was really disturbing for me,” he said. “I took it personally.”

The victim was hit on the side of his neck, just above the jawline, and was listed in critical condition Tuesday at Brookdale University Hospital, authorities said.

“(A) really nice guy,” one of victim’s co-workers said of the McDonald’s employee.

The shooter’s mother told police she heard the gunshot but did not see the shooting, sources said. A single shell casing was recovered at the scene.

“She must have been in shock because she was giving out all the information about what happened,” said the eyewitness vendor. “She admitted that she called her son.”

Morgan, who lives with his mother about four blocks from the scene, was taken into custody for questioning at the 79th Precinct stationhouse. Charges against him were pending. His mother was not immediately charged with any crime, said cops.

A police source said the NYPD had already been looking to speak with Morgan about a nonfatal Bedford-Stuyvesant shooting they believe he witnessed in May.

Police investigate a shooting on Fulton St. near Throop Ave. in Brooklyn, on Monday – Gardiner Anderson/for New York Daily News

The bizarre incident was reminiscent of the fatal shooting of a Chinese food deliveryman in April by a customer enraged over a lack of duck sauce with his order.

The McDonald’s shooting was not the first violent incident in the city’s fast food outlets this year.

On March 28, parolee Rasheed Osundairo, 31, allegedly knocked fellow customer Melvin Dizon out cold while the victim was order breakfast at the McDonald’s on Seventh Ave. near Madison Square Garden as other stunned customers stood by, unwilling to get involved.

Earlier in March, an outraged customer stabbed a worker armed with a stick multiple times during a crazed morning clash inside a McDonald’s in East Harlem, only a few steps from a Burger King where a teenage cashier was gunned down during a Jan. 9 holdup, cops said.

Top Feature Photo: Police investigate the shooting on Fulton St near Throop Ave – Gardiner Anderson/for New York Daily News