Two men rendered unconscious by fumes from cleaning products used to clean a water tank, were rushed to the hospital’s Emergency Department on Monday evening.

A spokesperson for the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) said firefighters responded to the call around 6:52pm “reporting two males unconscious in a water tank in Warwick”.

“BFRS responded with one appliance from Port Royal Fire Station and a crew of four firefighters. On arrival fire crews found the two males unconscious in the tank.

“The OIC of the appliance instructed two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus to descend into the tank to remove the two men on backboards and the cleaning product that was being used by the tank cleaners.

“Both men were revived at the scene and transported to KEMH via ambulance.”