The Bermuda Post Office (BPO) will observe World Post Day, on Tuesday October 9th.
For the occasion, the BPO will host a week of events aimed at highlighting Bermuda’s postal service. Next week, the BPO will host the following activities:
- Monday 8th – Launch of BPO week of activities with an employee community service initiative, week-long employee blood drive. Post Office personnel will donate blood at the KEMH
- Tuesday 9th – 1.00 p.m. ~ World Post Day. All Post Offices will close at 1:00 pm for a full staff meeting
- Wednesday 10th – 12.00 noon ~ Minister Foggo will officially open the new home of Philatelic Bureau which has relocated to Perot Post Office
- Thursday 11th – 10.30 a.m. ~ Official unveiling of the 50th Anniversary of the Turtle Project Panels – Letter Floor, GPO
World Post Day is celebrated annually on October 9, and each year, more than 150 countries recognise the occasion, which is in keeping with the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland. The observance encourages UPU member countries to undertake activities aimed at generating broader awareness of the Post’s role and activities among the public on a national scale.
the Hon. Lovitta Foggo, JP, MP, the Minister for the Cabinet Office with Responsibility for Government Reform said, “Next week will serve as an opportunity to raise awareness of our postal sector’s contribution to Bermuda and to update on our reform initiatives for the post office. I would like to encourage the public’s support in our week of activities which will highlight the importance of the postal service in our community.”
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)