News Release HAMILTON, Bermuda In continuation of our previous communication regarding government services impacted by the recent cyber incident, here is today’s update.
The Government email system and switchboard remain out of service.
Given the Department of Planning’s telephones are currently not working. At present, building, electrical and elevator inspections continue. Please contact the following mobile numbers for building inspections:
- Central parishes: 734-4537
- Eastern parishes: 337-5524
- Western parishes: 734-4540
- Electrical inspections
- Eastern parishes: 734-4539
- Western parishes: 734-4538
- Elevator inspections: 734-4541
- Certificate of Occupancy requests: 705-4733
- For enforcement matters (complaints of unauthorized development or planning searches) please contact 704-2590
- For all other queries, please contact 705-0398.
- For planning application matters, please attend to the Department office for discussions with technical officers. For all other queries, please contact 705-0398.
The Ministry of Finance operations section can answer queries and accept documentation from taxpayers such as manual tax filling forms, registration forms, payment receipts for payments on accounts. E-tax payments can be made online by taxpayers.
They can accept Stamp Duty forms such as applications for adjudication and Primary Family Homestead certificates. Stamp Duty staff are available to assist with telephone and front desk queries.
The Department of Social Insurance can only accept cash and cheques, providing manual receipts for employers submitting SI contribution payments.
Public Works, Works and Engineering, Public Lands and Buildings, and Parks remain operational for all public facing services.
Ministry of Transport service update:
- DPT – all transportation services have generally been uninterrupted. Tickets, bus passes, tokens, etc., sales at the central terminal in Hamilton are completed manually; however, service disruption is minimal.
- Marine services, such as ferries, tug boats, line boats, etc have not been impacted.
- The Bermuda Maritime Operation Center is operating as normal and services provided, such as Vessel Traffic, Seaport Security, and Search and Rescue capabilities are operating without any impact.
- The boats and moorings digitalized system is not accessible however, the high season is between April and May, and therefore service interruption is minimal in this regard.
- TCD – is providing all services, except for the production of drivers licenses and IDs, which include renewal of drivers licenses, new drivers licenses seniors cards and disability cards. Though most services are being performed there will be some delays due to the manual processing and cash only transactions.
Bye-Election Constituency # 8 Smith’s South
This week’s activities –
Sick and infirm voters will be visited in their homes on 27th of September 2023.
Advanced polling for Travellers and Incapacitated voters will take place on Thursday 28 September 2023 at St Patrick’s Church Hall from 8am – 8pm.
Travellers must present a hard copy of their confirm travel details in order to vote in advanced polls.
The Parliamentary Registrars Office will be open on Thursday from 8am -8pm to assist voters.
Official messaging is coming from the Department of Communications via email, Bermuda Government Facebook, Instagram, X, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, and Gov.bm.