News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) has partnered with The Loren to present the Bermuda Food Harvest Journey, a tasting celebration of locally harvested food experiences and the heroes that create them. The event will take place on Thursday, November 17, 2022, at The Loren and will feature a dynamic array of local fishers, farmers, and food and beverage artisans. The series launched in 2021 as a response to the warmly received Harvest Heroes video campaign that highlighted some of Bermuda’s harvest heroes and pre-eminent tastemakers.
The event is designed to introduce guests to unexpected Bermuda taste experiences. Guests can enjoy a thoughtfully curated collection of food options beautifully presented in bite-sized portions and accompanied by a selection of wine, Bermuda-inspired cocktails, mocktails, or juices. To ensure the optimal interactive tasting experience, and avoid long wait times, guests must reserve their arrival time when purchasing tickets.
Featured harvest heroes include:
- Bermuda Gin Co. – The local gin-maker infuses hibiscus and the prickly pear fruit Bermuda-inspired flavour profile
- Goslings – Bermuda’s iconic brand will present a selection of wines + spirits
- Passion Fields – Bermuda beekeeper and honey harvester
- On De Rock Brewery – Small-batch, Bermudian artisanal beer
- Sexy Reef Ambassadors – A collection of ocean-conservation-focused lionfish hunters providing fresh tasty lionfish dishes
- Wadson’s Farm – Locally-grown, organic produce direct from the farmer
- UMAMI Bermuda – Locally blended fresh, fragrant spices
- Wild Herbs N Plants of Bermuda – Locally foraged plant-based foods
- Cedarberry Foods – Local producers of Vegan butter
- Lost in the Triangle – Freshly caught seafood dishes
Tashae Thompson, VP of Experiences at The Bermuda Tourism Authority said: “Bermuda’s culinary heritage is as unique and vibrant as the island itself. Our ability to mix the unknown and take otherwise ordinary ingredients and turn them into flavourful dishes that are uniquely ours is truly a work of art. I’m inspired by the culinary scene our tiny island has been able to cultivate. Experiences such as the Food Harvest Journey is another way we showcase our Bermuda-inspired dishes, promote our great tastemakers, and tell our rich food stories.”
Andre Roberts, Director for Food, Beverage and Operations at The Loren added: “Last year the Food Harvest Journey was a huge success. We hope to recapture the magic created then and continue to push the culinary offerings Bermuda has to offer. We are a world-class destination, and our food plays a huge part in that. We could not be more delighted to host this magnificent event again.”
Guests looking to experience the 2022 Food Harvest Journey must purchase their tickets on www.ptix.bm and select a preferred start time for their journey to begin. Tickets cost $45 and are available here. The Loren has committed a portion of ticket prices for the Eliza Doolittle Charity which provides meals to people in need in the community. For more information, please contact email@example.com.