News Release: SPECIAL OLYMPICS BERMUDA – On June 4 a small delegation including four athletes from Special Olympics Bermuda headed to Orlando, Florida for the 2022 USA Summer Games.
From June 5-12 more than 5,500 athletes and coaches from all 50 United States and the Caribbean and 125,000 spectators will come together to ‘Shine As One’ at one of the most cherished sporting events. Approximately 20 sport disciplines will hold competitions throughout the week with Bermuda being represented in Tennis and Equestrianism.
Tennis players Micah Lambert and Bridget Marshall and Equestrian Eden Woolery are no strangers to international competition having all competed in the quadrennial Special Olympics World Games held in Dubai in 2019. Since their last appearance on the international stage all three athletes have trained weekly for this exiting opportunity to represent the country. So Bermuda Athlete Leader Danielle Gibbons is also in attendance representing all Special Olympice Programs from the Caribbean Region as a member of the Games.
Athlete Input Council Danielle will engage in speaking engagements, organizing volunteer training and other exciting and challenging activities during the week long events.
The Bermuda public is encouraged to support Team Special Olympics Bermuda by following and sharing words of encouragement on the Special Olympics Bermuda Facebook page where scores and updates will be posted over the event. ABC and ESPN’s networks and platforms will also have extensive coverage and specials on the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games Orlando.
• Photos and Videos -Facebook: @Special!Olympics!Bermuda!!
• USA Games Official Site: https://www.2022specialolympicsusagames.org
• USA Games Schedule: https://!www.2022specialolympicsusagames.org/schedule
• USA Games Athlete Input Council info: https://www.specialolympics.org/stories/athletes/athletes-lead-ahead-of-2022-special-olympics-usa-games!!
• ESPN Coverage: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/06/espns-coverage-of-special-olympics-usa-games-orlando-begins-june-5
Feature Photos Supplied by Special Olympics Bermuda