The recognition came during the insurance industry publication Reactions magazine’s North America Awards ceremony which was held virtually on September 24th.
The winners were determined with the help of an expert judging panel that included:
• Jean-Paul Conoscente, Chief Executive Officer, SCOR Global P&C
• Steven Levy, President and CEO – Reinsurance, Munich Re America
• Rory Cline, President & CEO, Ethos
• Dave Sampson, President/CEO, American Property Casualty Insurance Association
• Mike Morrissey, President and Chief Executive, International Insurance Society
• Michael Consedine, Chief Executive, National Association of Insurance Commissioners
• Frank Nutter, President, Reinsurance Association of America
• Howard Mills, Independent Corporate Director, Former Superintendent, NY Insurance Department
The panel said that AXA XL earned the award because it had demonstrated excellence in a number of ways, including underwriting results, improved performance and business growth, which particularly impressed the judges.
Reactions Editor-in–Chief Shawn Moynihan said: “Congratulations to AXA XL for winning the Bermuda Insurer of the Year award. The Island has long stood out as an important area of he market, with many insurance companies having a presence on it and the panel felt that in 2019 AXA XL led its peers in a number of important categories.”
Commenting on the award, Patrick Tannock CEO of AXA XL’s Bermuda Insurance Operations, said: “It’s great to be acknowledged for a third time as the Bermuda Insurer of the Year.
“This award helps to validate the hard work and contributions that our colleagues consistently make in the Bermuda market and beyond.
“I want to thank all of our colleagues for their efforts as this award is about all of us.
“Although this is a ‘Company’ award, companies don’t run themselves, people do, and we have some of the best talent in the industry.