The Bermuda Police Service (BPS) reports a total of 27 arrests during the recent holiday weekend.
Of the six impaired driving arrests made between 5pm on Friday, November 10th and .5am Tuesday,November14th , four motorists failed the alco-analyser test and two refused to take it.
A summary of BPS activity is provided below.
- Outstanding warrants = 12.
- Impaired driving = 6.
- Threatening words = 2.
- Importation of a controlled drug = 1.
- Possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply = 1.
- Possession of a controlled drug = 1.
- Burglary = 1.
- Theft = 1.
- Willful damage = 1.
- Obtaining services by deception = 1.
A total of 84 traffic tickets were issued to motorists, for the following infractions.
- Speeding = 37.
- No vehicle licence =12.
- No driver’s licence = 9.
- Disobeying a traffic sign = 8.
- No vehicle insurance = 7.
- Driving while disqualified = 3.
- Helmet offence = 2.
- Manner of driving = 2.
- Youth license offence = 2.
- Mobile phone offence = 1.
- Unsafe load = 1.
In addition, 27 motorist advice notices (official written warnings) were issued.