News Release: HAMILTON, Bermuda – The Ministry of Youth, Culture and Sport is pleased to advise that the Bermuda Sports Awards will take place in March 2023, and nominations are now open. The Bermuda Sports Awards seek to recognize the distinguished achievements of Bermudian athletes from January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Male Athlete of the Year
- Female Athlete of the Year
- Junior Male Athlete of the Year
- Junior Female Athlete of the Year
- Appreciation Award
- Junior Achievement Award
- Senior Achievement Award
- Special Achievement Award
- Sport Citation
Nominations are also open for recognition in:
- Participation and achievement at a high standard of performance in international competition.
- Persons who have made contributions to the development and advancement of sport in a non-competitive capacity.
- Special distinction in sport – recognition of those athletes who have achieved special status or distinction in sport.
A Government spokesperson said today, “We encourage the public to celebrate and support those athletes who have excelled in their disciplines this past year. Please visit www.sportsawards.bm by December 31st to submit your nominations.”