The Ministry of Public Works issued a community reminder this weekend that once per week garbage collection takes effect on Monday, February 19th.
The change in weekly garbage collection will continue through to April 27th. As a reminder garbage collection will occur as follows:
- Mondays – From Dockyard to Church Road, Southampton, inclusive of Church Road.
- Tuesdays – Collection begins at Church Road, (but does not include Church Road) and will cover the area up to and including Cobb’s Hill Road from Harbour Road to South Road, Warwick.
- Wednesdays – East of Cobb’s Hill to Trimingham Hill round-a-bout and Crow Lane. The areas west of Woodbourne Avenue, Court Street and North Street junction, Barnard’s Park and Blackwatch Pass will also be covered.
- Thursdays – East from Trimingham Hill, Blackwatch Pass, Barnard’s Park Court Street/North Street junction and end on Devil’s Hole Hill. West to Flatt’s Village.
- Fridays – Areas along North Shore Road east of Flatt’s Village to St George’s, and east of Devil’s Hole Hill to St David’s.
The revised collection schedule will the Ministry the necessary time to conduct a full assessment of the trucks that are serviceable, conduct extensive repairs, complete the TCD relicensing process and return a larger number into the operational fleet.
Questions regarding collection days should be directed to the Marsh Folly Collections Department on 292-1517.
Please follow and like us: