The Minister of Education, Diallo Rabain, has extended the application deadline for scholarships and awards to Thursday, April 5, 2018.
In making the announcement, the Minister explained: “We are being responsive to requests to extend the deadline to give prospective applicants more time to complete their applications into the Easter break.
“I hope that students use the time wisely to ensure that they submit strong and complete applications.”
Mr Rabain also encouraged anyone interested in post-secondary education, including technical and vocational fields, to look for scholarship opportunities on the Ministry’s website, moed.bm and bermudascholarships.com.
The following scholarships and awards are offered by the Ministry of Education and Workforce Development:
- Minister’s Achievement Scholarship for graduating public school students. This scholarship is valued at $25,000 for overseas post-secondary study.
- Bermuda Government Scholarships for graduating senior school students or college or university students for post-secondary education. This scholarship is valued up to $35,000 towards the cost of tuition and basic accommodation.
- Minister’s Applied Tech Scholarship for graduating public school dual-enrolment students in Bermuda College’s Applied Technical Programme valued at $5,000 each. These scholarships will fund the cost of students to complete an Associate’s Degree at the Bermuda College once they have graduated from senior school.
- Teacher Education Scholarship for promising Bachelor of Education students studying subjects where there are shortages of local candidates, such as social studies, geography, English language arts, mathematics, modern foreign languages and special education. Recipients are required to return to Bermuda and teach within the Bermuda Public School System. Applications will be accepted from persons with or without financial need. The award is valued at $20,000.
- Non-Traditional Student Award for persons 25 and older pursuing post-secondary education. This award is valued at up to $20,000.
- Minister’s Technical and Vocational Award for graduating public school students or recent public school alumni attending Bermuda College with a strong interest in technical and vocational studies. Students must demonstrate financial need. This award is valued at $5,000 for local post-secondary study and $25,000 for overseas post-secondary study.
- Minister’s Exceptional Student Award for graduating students, school leavers or persons with disabilities up to the age of 25. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. This award is valued $5,000 for local post-secondary student and $25,000 for overseas post-secondary study.
- Further Education Awards for students with at least one year of college or university credits, pursuing overseas post-secondary study. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. This award is valued up to $10,000.
- Minister’s Bermuda College Book Awards to cover the cost of books for students. This award is valued at $500 each. Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
More detailed information on scholarships and awards, including eligibility and application requirements are available online on Bermudascholarships.com. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Please follow and like us: